What to Expect
The opportunity to make a huge impact and work with a small team of passionate professionals who always strive for the best. We’re looking for a self-starter who is eager to architect top-notch experiences for our clients.
We all work on a variety of projects, so you can rest assured that there will never be a dull workday. We value hard work, but we also value flexibility. Our team is fully remote, and it’s fairly common for team-members to check out for a mid-day run, or to get the kids off of the bus. Please read more about our values and our work before you apply.
Here is what you can expect in terms of your daily tasks as the Lead Web Developer at Storyware:
- Architect and build new features for a variety of applications, from the back-end to the front-end.
- Build enterprise-level WordPress applications with a Laravel inspired MVC approach.
- Leverage Storyware’s WP-Fluent library and content block system to deliver a flexible CMS to clients.
- Troubleshoot existing applications when the need arises.
- Develop API integrations with an emphasis on object-oriented programming.
- Leverage WordPress’ REST API to develop interactive experiences in WordPress.
- Oversee and deploy client applications that are hosted on managed VPS servers.
- Maintain an atomic deployment workflow.
- Work with the rest of the Storyware team to develop creative solutions that meet the needs and budget of the client.
Who We Seek
The person in this role will lead the Storyware development team in crafting advanced applications built primarily on WordPress. These are not your average WordPress sites; our current architecture closely resembles modern Laravel applications. In other words, our workflow includes modern technologies and best practices that you would not typically find in other WordPress roles. You will also have the opportunity to work on projects outside of WordPress, i.e. Laravel applications, custom PHP applications, and more.
- Understand project requirements and collaborate with our development team and stakeholders to deliver the perfect solution for our clients.
- Develop, and deploy web based solutions using common standards and frameworks.
- Work independently and with other team members.
- Maintain code standards and perform code reviews.
- Meet deadlines and produce quality work.
- Strong PHP experience. You must consider yourself to be a full-stack developer in the PHP ecosystem.
- Experience building web applications with Laravel.
- Experience developing WordPress themes with a block-based approach.
- Experience configuring and managing VPS servers.
- Ability to write scalable CSS with SCSS and SASS.
- Experience with SUIT, BEM, or other similar CSS methodology.
- Experience interfacing with REST/SOAP APIs.
- Strong understanding of OOP.
- Ability to clearly communicate your technical ideas, concepts, and solutions to team members with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to communicate with clients.
- Ability to mentor other developers.
- Provide code samples or project examples demonstrating recent work and capabilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of Git and version control.
- Strong attention to detail.
- General knowledge of UX and Accessibility best practices.
- 5-10+ years of experience in Web and Application development.
- SaaS application development experience.
- Active GitHub account and contributions.
- Active portfolio website.
This is a full-time, remote position. Occasional travel may be required for team building and client meetings. Applicants must be located in the US. Compensation is based on candidate experience. Full-time employment includes health, dental, vision, and disability insurance, plus a Simple IRA plan that we contribute to, and 5 weeks of time off (between PTO and holidays).