Vestcom is hiring a
Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to drive productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of over 1000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
Vestcom’s core values are at the heart of our organization, representing our fundamental beliefs and serving as our guiding light in for how we conduct business and interact with each other.
- OUR TEAMS - Our colleagues and our client define our team.
- OUR INTEGRITY - Our colleagues and clients rely upon us to deliver.
- OUR INGENUITY - Our colleagues and clients look to us for unique solutions.
- OUR PERFORMANCE - Our colleagues and clients team with us to win.
Vestcom is a standalone business unit of Avery Dennison, a Fortune 500 leader in materials science and packaging materials. Learn more at www.vestcom.com.
This role provides technical expertise to software development projects. Under general supervision, modifies and maintains moderately complex applications programs from business requirements and process specifications. Competent to work on most phases of application programming activities but requires some guidance and instruction.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Defines IT software solutions by interfacing with senior management, and other primary business users.
- Effectively plans and manages assignments spanning multiple projects.
- Serves as a technical consultant to Managers and functional teams in the IT organization.
- Drives technical and procedural change relative to best practices in software development.
- Builds teams as necessary to solve problems by taking ownership and mentoring developers in finding solutions.
- Participates in the preparation, review, and analysis of software requirements and specifications.
- Designs, codes, tests, and integrates code for new or existing applications or software projects.
- Provides sustaining or maintenance support to existing software.
- Clearly communicates project issues and status to management.
- Reviews and implements test strategies for software products.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required with 8+ years of previous experience in this field required or MS in Computer Science with 3+ years of experience.
- Experience in all phases of the software development cycle required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large projects or solve highly complex programming problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate business issues and needs required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and build teams to solve business problems.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required including all safety policies and procedures.
Vestcom’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or Vestcom may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.