Everyone loves a good, clean and simple icon set. Today, we’re honored to present to you a set of 60 vector round icons which was cleverly designed by the creative trio at Roundicons and released exclusively for Smashing Magazine and its readers. Crafted with great attention to detail , this icon set is extremely easy to use and will most probably be the next ultimate resource for any one of your design projects.
This freebie contains 60 icons that can be used for free without any restrictions and serve various design purposes. You can use the icons in your commercial as well as your personal works. Feel free to modify the size, color or shape of the icons. No attribution is required. However, reselling of bundles or individual pictograms is not allowed.
Features Of The Round Icons
- Designed to convert . The icons are designed in round and flat style. The circle has been and will always be the most complete and eye attracting shape. Coupled with simple and clear design, the message is (hopefully) conveyed instantly. Each icon is a flat illustration that can either be used in its circular container or as a standalone illustration.
- Easy to customize . The icons come in various file formats, which makes them very easy to use: PNG, SVG, EPS and Ai. The PNG files come in five dimensions (48 × 48, 64 × 64 pixels, 128 × 128 pixels, 256 × 256 pixels, 512 × 512 pixels). All icons are Retina Display ready and can be used in your mobile applications as well as in templates and themes.
. The colors have been chosen with care to ensure maximum harmony when multiple icons are used on the same page. You can always change the color of the background circle in any icon to fit your design and product identity or just use the illustration alone and draw the circle with your own codes.
A couple of examples of icons without the rounded containers.
Various file sizes and formats make the round icons very easy to use.
A preview of each icon included in the Roundicons set ( click here to see a larger preview ).
Download The Icon Set For Free
- Large preview
- Download the Roundicons set for free (ZIP, 21 MB)
- Designer’s release page with over 900 further icons.
Insights From One Of The Designers:
Here are some insights from the designer Ramy Wafaa Wadieh himself:
“Everyone’s heard of the phrase ‘A picture says more than a thousand words’, and while I’m not a fan of clichés, that one’s got a point. Images have got to be the most universal language there is. A single illustration is able to get the message across, regardless of the recipient’s background or language skills. Every designer must be conscious of this fascinating phenomenon in order to create attractive and comprehensive designs. For my part, I’m very keen on using icons in my work.
Every icon is first sketched on paper before it is drawn in detail using Adobe Illustrator and carefully reviewed by the team when completed. We aim to provide all possible formats — from vector source files to raster PNGs in different sizes. Additionally, we’re currently working on creating the Photoshop version of each icon, giving each designer the utmost flexibility to enjoy and the ability to use them, regardless of their skill level.
The idea behind the circle surrounding each illustration is that, in our opinion, it is the most complete shape that draws attention to its center and thus the image contained within. Choosing a well-balanced color palette for the circles (which can be changed or removed entirely) the icons look attractive without distracting from the message they send.”
Thank you , dear Ramy, Suzanne and Natalie, for this fantastic icon set! We sincerely appreciate your time and effort!
Further Reading on SmashingMag:
- 55 Free High Quality Icon Sets
- The Ultimate Guide To Cloning In Photoshop
- Hand-Sketching: Things You Didn’t Know Your Doodles Could Accomplish
- Switching From Adobe Fireworks To Sketch: Ten Tips And Tricks