If WordPress got you hooked, and you want to tailor your site more to your needs and ideas, then this eBook is for you.
About The Book
For a lot of people, WordPress is the entry into web development. And a lot of them don’t stop there. They want more control over their WordPress site, so customizing design and functionality is the next logical step. If WordPress got you hooked, and you want to get more out of it to tailor your site more to your needs and ideas, then this eBook is for you.
To start out, you will learn to build custom page templates and extend WordPress’ flexibility with custom post types. Later, our expert authors will provide insights into customizing tree-like data structures to make them fit your particular needs, as well as tips to replace the regular custom field interface with something more powerful and user-friendly. You’ll also learn to build an advanced notification system to reach your users, and, last, but not least, we’ll dive deep into building, maintaining, and deploying WordPress plugins. WordPress’ flexible structure is predestined for customization. So make use of this grand potential to build your projects the way you imagine them to be.
Table of Contents
- A Detailed Guide To WordPress Custom Page Templates —
- Extending WordPress With Custom Content Types —
- Building A Custom Archive Page For WordPress —
- Customizing Tree-Like Data Structures In WordPress With The Walker Class —
- Extending Advanced Custom Fields With Your Own Controls —
- Building An Advanced Notification System For WordPress —
- How To Use Autoloading And A Plugin Container In WordPress Plugins —
- How To Deploy WordPress Plugins With GitHub Using Transients —
- Formats: ePUB, Kindle, PDF (DRM-free)
- Pages: 244
- Language: English
- Released: March 2016
- Publisher: Smashing Media AG
- ISBN (PDF): 978-3-945749-41-8